Friday 19 February 2010

Frogs and Toads

SV203088

This is a big fat toad( well I think it’s a toad) that I nearly stood on today. He was very shy and this is the best photo that I could get of him.

SV203088 - Copy
He does have warty bumps
SV203089
This one looked like a leaf.

SV203090

I was not sure what this was when I first saw it, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a small green frog about 4cms. This little frog never moved when I took his photo, very obliging he was.

SV203086

Olive trees in flower.

The weather was beautiful again today but, I think we are forecast for rain sometime over the next couple of days.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend where ever you are.

6 comments:

Jude said...

Geoff says it's a Green Tree Frog...hard to spot usually!

Jenny said...

I love froggies! Good photos Judith.

easygardener said...

Both frog and toad have beautifully patterned skin. It's lovely to see some wildlife when out and about.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Imagine! Living in Crete ~ thank you for commenting on my blog ~ it drew me to yours! And to your friend's blog, who also lives in Crete! How interesting ~ a world away from me in central Ohio, USA! I'll be stopping by again!

Soggibottom said...

Some where warm....my heart sings x x x

The Curious Cat said...

wow you get some wicked toads/frogs!!!

My Cretan Life